So check this out...
That's a picture of me activating the LEDs on my project. But if that doesn't impress you, let's see if video does the trick.
So now I've got at least one light working. I have to determine if I can get multiple strips up and working, or if I have to figure out another way to express visual feedback to users with these lights. Oh Ellie Goulding, the lights won't stop me. With lights in place, I can user test once more.
If you haven't noticed, I upgraded the wires to insulated ones to avoid the risk of crosstalk and accidentally triggering instruments when their exposed wires touch the ground wire.
Just for fun, I also added a sixth instrument (pads), and fifth options for each instrument. In this picture of the programming, you'll also see the light trigger that Luke helped me build.